Men's Team of the Year 2020
Fans from all over the world are invited to voice their opinion once again in the 2020 UEFA.com Men's Team of the Year vote.
Choose your Men's Team of the Year
Fans must, by January, select their favorite XI from a list of the 50 best players in Europe: five goalkeepers, 15 defenders, 15 midfielders and 15 forwards.
Candidates are proposed by the UEFA editorial team, pending approval by the technical observers group, based on their performance in UEFA and national competitions in UEFA member associations from January to December 2020.
The UEFA.com Men's Team of the Year is selected to reflect the voices of the fans and the achievements of the players during the calendar year, moderated by a group of UEFA technical observers.
What can be won
Users who introduced the team will participate in the prize draw:
• The main prize is two tickets to the UEFA Men's and Women's Champions League finals, including travel and accommodation.
• Second Prize - T-shirt signed by the men's team player of the year.
• Third prize - five € 100 vouchers, which can be spent in the official UEFA online store.
• Club with the most nominees : Ten players who represented the winners of the UEFA Champions League Bayern Munich at some point in 2020 were nominated, including Robert Lewandowski, for the UEFA Player of the Year title. Liverpool were their closest rivals with eight candidates.
• Total number of clubs : The nominees represented a total of 21 clubs, including cases where players played for two clubs in 2020.
• Total number of nationalities : 50 candidates represent 19 national teams, with Germany (six candidates) ahead of France (five) as the most supported country.
• Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) nominated for the 17th consecutive year.
• Bayern left-back Alfonso Davis (who turned 20 in early November) is the youngest candidate, followed by Dortmund striker Erling Braut Haaland, whose 20th birthday was in July.
• Brazilian center-back Thiago Silva, who turned 36 in September (moved from Paris to Chelsea in the summer), is the oldest candidate on the roster.
• The average age of the 50 nominated players is just over 27 years old. 15 players are over 30 and 12 are under 25.
• Eleven of the 50 nominated players represent national teams outside Europe.
• Premier League and Bundesliga - the most represented leagues; The roster includes 15 players who at some point in 2020 featured in the German top flight, plus 15 who similarly played in the Premier League.
• Spanish clubs have had a relatively calm year; Only four players from the league make the final score, including one each from Real Madrid and Barcelona.
UEFA.com Fan Team of the Year has enjoyed immense popularity among fans since its inception in 2001, with millions of votes every year. Some players have become permanent members of the team.
Three the players who played the most UEFA.com Fan Team of the Year:
14 : Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus)
11 : Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
8 : Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
Full statistics of nominees Registration