Men's Team of the Year Statistics
The 50 players selected to vote for Men's Team of the Year 2020 by UEFA.com fans represent 21 clubs and 19 different national teams.
Choose your Men's Team of the Year
Candidates are proposed by the UEFA editorial team, pending approval by the technical observers group, based on their performance in UEFA and national competitions in UEFA member associations from January to December 2020.
- Cristiano Ronaldo nominated for 17th consecutive year he has participated in 14 teams, including each of the last 13. All of them are records.
- Lionel Messi is nominated for the 15th time and hopes to make the team for the 11th time. Sergio Ramos and Robert Lewandowski were shortlisted for the ninth time.
- Twenty-one players are shortlisted for the first time of 50; 22 also featured 12 months ago (including ten from the final XI), with the remaining seven returning to tally.
- Romelu Lukaku is nominated for the first time since 2010, when he was approved at the age of 17 at Anderlecht.
- Alfonso Davis is the first Canadian player to be nominated in the team's 20-year history.
- Atalanta and Leipzig appear among the nominees for the first time.
- Ciro Immobile is the first candidate from Lazio since Jaap Stam in 2004.
- Anthony Lopez and Hussem Aouar are the first candidates for Lyon since 2010.
- Erling Braut Haaland became Norway's first nominee in ten years and third after Brede Hangeland (2010) and John Arne Riise (2002).
- This is the first year that two players have entered the final list of Slovenia: Josip Ilicic has joined the five-time nominee Jan Oblak.
- The average age of the 50 selected players is 27.28 years. At 20, Davis and Haaland are the youngest nominees; Thiago Silva, 36, is the oldest.
Team of the Year Nominees by Club
10 Bavaria *
8 Liverpool *, Paris *
3 Atalanta, Inter, Leipzig
2 Atletico Madrid, Chelsea *, Juventus, Lyon, Manchester. city
1 al-Shabab *, Barcelona, Dortmund, Lazio, Leverkusen, Man. United *, Real Madrid, Sevilla *, Sporting *, Tottenham
National Team of the Year Nominees
4 Brazil, England, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
3 Argentina, Italy
2 Austria, Belgium, Slovenia
1 Canada, Costa Rica, Egypt, Norway, Poland, Scotland, Senegal
National League Team of the Year Nominees
15 Bundesliga, Germany * (4 clubs)
14 Premier League England * (5 clubs)
10 Ligue 1, France * (2 clubs)
9 Serie A, Italy (4 clubs)
5th league, Spain * (4 clubs)
1 liga, Portugal * (1 club)
1 Pro League, Saudi Arabia * (1 club)
* Kai Havertz, Thiago Alcantara, Thiago Silva, Bruno Fernandez and Ever Banega represented two clubs in 2020 - both counting here.
Choose your Men's Team of the Year Registration